Monday, March 31, 2008

If You Didn't Know...

MindCurry has tagged me. As the good blogger, I tag along. Good timepass, tags are, and so I was wondering if tags had lost the fancy of the blogworld, having been out of circulation for long.

1. LAST MOVIE YOU SAW IN A THEATER: The Other Boleyn Girl. Am a sucker for historical movies and so this satisfied me. Yet this movie could have been better. Stars Natalie Portman, Eric Bana and Scarlett Johansson. Went in with a "Troy" hangover expecting Bana to repeat his Hector act which didn't happen. Portman continues to grow on me.

2. WHAT BOOK ARE YOU READING? Several. I am on an Amazon shopping spree now. Next two months are dedicated solely to reading. One of them is Catch-22.

3. FAVORITE BOARD GAME? Monopoly. But that was long back.

4. FAVORITE MAGAZINE? Late 80's - Misha, Early 90's - Reader's Digest, Late 90's - India Today, Early 2000 - , Lately - Time

5. FAVORITE SMELLS? Smell of the soil after rain. Nowadays the smell of the roses that my neighbour has planted.

6. FAVORITE SOUND? Streams with rocks littered in its bed. K.J.Jesudas's voice.

7. WORST FEELING IN THE WORLD? Recurring failures in fighting and then succumbing to my weaknesses.

8. WHAT IS THE FIRST THING YOU THINK OF WHEN YOU WAKE? Gosh...I am so tired.

9. FAVORITE FAST FOOD PLACE? So many. Earlier used to be thattukada's. Nowadays it is Panda Express.

10. FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? I might call it Nano and the one after that Pico. Any problems?

11. FINISH THIS STATEMENT. "IF I HAD A LOT OF MONEY I'D...? I have a lot of money now and I don't do anything with it! So this question is irrelevant.

12. DO YOU DRIVE FAST? No, I don't. I hate speed. I can't bear to think of killing another human being because of my carelessness. All said, I am a swapnajeevi and prone to absent-mindedness.

13. DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Yeah! My pillow...I cuddle up to it, when I feel I want a little love. I think I do it when I miss my mom and grandma.

14. STORMS-COOL OR SCARY? Cool. Rain makes me poetic.

15. WHAT WAS YOUR FIRST CAR? Saturn SL2. Everyone said the name was inauspicious. But I took good care of it and later dumped it on my sis. She hated it.

16. FAVORITE DRINK? Tea has always been a favorite. In between there was beer.

17. FINISH THIS STATEMENT, "IF I HAD THE TIME I WOULD ..... I had a lot of time in the world. I wasted all of it. I stare at its paucity today.

18. DO YOU EAT THE STEMS ON BROCCOLI? Yes. Beef and Broccoli...yummy!

19. IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? The day will come for all of us. And you and I will say Black.

20. NAME ALL THE DIFFERENT CITIES/TOWNS YOU HAVE LIVED IN. Trivandrum, Delhi, Los Angeles, San Diego. Trivandrum was growth and stagnation, Delhi was adventure and failure, Los Angeles was hard-work and self-discovery, San Diego was survival and loneliness.

21. FAVORITE SPORTS TO WATCH? I love to play sports. I hate watching them now...maybe its part of growing old.

22. ONE NICE THING ABOUT THE PERSON WHO SENT THIS TO YOU. The most pleasant surprise in blogging was to discover that he was one of my heroes from school. He wouldn't want me to reveal more. What makes him a hero today though, is his crusade to improve Kerala.

23. WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Books, that fell off, in my sleep.

24. WOULD YOU LIKE TO BE BORN AS YOURSELF AGAIN? No. I am not a good human being. I wish I could be simple and pure at heart - like some of my good friends.

25. MORNING PERSON, OR NIGHT OWL? Night. Working life has robbed the mornings but gifted me with nights.

26. OVER EASY, OR SUNNY SIDE UP? Never was an egg fan until recently. I love the varieties of egg preparations in American breakfasts.

27. FAVORITE PLACE TO RELAX? The upper terrace at my house in tvm. I spend an hour there every night when I am home.

28. FAVORITE PIE? I hate pies.

29. FAVORITE ICE CREAM FLAVOR? Not an icecream fan anymore. But chocobars tempt me.

30. OF ALL THE PEOPLE YOU TAGGED THIS TO, WHO'S MOST LIKELY TO RESPOND FIRST? I tag BVN, Preetha, Jina, Dhanush, Syam and anyone else who wants to have a go at this. Whoever responds first gets a free ticket to Mohanlal's College Kumaran.

17 comments:

Karthik said...

Whoever responds first gets a free ticket to Mohanlal's College Kumaran.

Hahaha ..athrakku veno? by the way I saw 'Cycle'. Whoever said Vineeth is a carbon copy of his dad has hit the nail on the head!

And Jiby who is 'Mindcurry'? seniors-ile veeranmar vallavarum ano?

mathew said...

"Trivandrum, Delhi, Los Angeles, San Diego. Trivandrum was growth and stagnation, Delhi was adventure and failure, Los Angeles was hard-work and self-discovery, San Diego was survival and loneliness"

I never thought that the place where we lived somehow identifies with various phases in life..For me Hamburg is a mix of Los Angeles and San Diego..I probably have learned a lot more and discovered myself a lot more than ever before..

that lines really inspired me to look back.

and College Kumaran..ROTFL..is it that bad..

mathew said...

sigh..why dont they simply direct some movies with "some random malayalee bloggers" as heros and kumarans!! ;-D

silverine said...

College Kumaran LOL!!!

The sound of the streams with rocks littered in its bed reminds me of the thodu back home. I have some of its pebbles in the small aquarium at home. I am also prone to absent mindedness and dreaming when driving so am very careful and do not even put music while driving. I cannot drive and listen to music at the same time :) A very frank tag!

Anonymous said...

aliya atheryum venno???college kumaran.. i jst saw 15 min of it n tht was the end of it... couldnt take it....

scorpiogenius said...

But why College Kumaran?

So you want no one to respond???

Jiby said...

Disclaimer: I didn't watch College Kumaran. I heard it played from the computer for a few minutes. That was enough to send me into fits of laughter. If a movie can do that to you, I thought it is highly recommendable!

karthik, i will watch Cycle this week. Will know for sure then if Vineeth and Vinu looks good for a long innings in cinema. dunno how to qualify veeran but he had a skill i have never seen in a loyolite since.

mathew, that line came from a post i left half-way long time back. maynot finish it. so i thought this was a good question to plug its essence into.

mathew, hopefully that day wont be far away.

silverine, yeah we have a stream like that which runs by our tharavadu. i will never need a camera or a tape recorder to help me refresh that sight and sound.

cherian, is that you CK? that disclaimer is for you...lol!

scorpiogenius, haha...i was in a mood for mischief. if you want to, please take up the tag man. i didn't want to deviate the focus of your blog. thats why I didn't tag you.

Mind Curry said...

jiby, thank you for the wonderful answers..its amazingly sharp and frank..splendid..

bana in munich was striking..pitt stole troy.."immortality..take it! its yours!!" that keeps ringing in my head, over and over..

IF YOU COULD DYE YOUR HAIR ANY COLOR, WHAT WOULD BE YOUR CHOICE? The day will come for all of us. And you and I will say Black.
Classic!! :)

No. I am not a good human being
you are..definitely..i dont think anyone else would want you to be born differently.

Neena Padayatty said...

" DO YOU SLEEP WITH A STUFFED ANIMAL? Yeah! My pillow "....that was brilliantly cute!

" FUTURE CHILD'S NAME? I might call it Nano and the one after that Pico. Any problems?"...Mr.Tata,perhaps...

Tags really bring out "excellent pass(es) of the pate"!

Jina said...

thanx..was in a block..wil restart from here..;)

Dhanush | ധനുഷ് said...

I already took it up :( from Mathew.

Hmm Misha was a good one isn't it.

I have the same answer to your Q No 24

2 Months dedicated to reading. I would love to do that :)

Geo said...

Nothing controversial? ;)

Karthik said...

Jiby- Wasn't Misha the magazine by Mir Publishers, that Russian book house?

Merin Jose said...

"FAVORITE SMELLS? Smell of the soil after rain."
"FAVORITE SOUND? Streams with rocks littered in its bed."
"I am a swapnajeevi and prone to absent-mindedness."
"Rain makes me poetic."
Some wonderful sparks of romanticism....!!

" WHAT'S UNDER YOUR BED? Books, that fell off, in my sleep"...realistic
Very good one!!

Jiby said...

mindcurry, guess what...i thought bana stole the show from pitt in troy...hector to me was more human, vulnerable and chivalrous than the superhuman achilles.

neena, i was wondering if picotech will soon follow nanotechnology. :)

dhanush, why is it that we have the same answer...i think it may lie in our efforts to stretch our creativity. and yes, misha was awesome. how i wish i had saved all those issues and gifted them to my kids. remember winnie the pooh?

geo, lol...i am sobering up, man. please take up the tag...consider yourself tagged!

karthik, i think so but i am not sure. all i remember is it went out of publication with the fall of the USSR.

merin, thank you. romanticism and realism...hmmm...in real life i am laidback...i wonder if lazybones do have the right to stake claim to these philosophical opposites.

Dhanush | ധനുഷ് said...

May be you are right there.

g-man said...

"Smell of the soil after rain" hey, you too?

"I might call it Nano and the one after that Pico. Any problems?" dunno, maybe Apple might sue you or something :P

"there was beer" ^5!

"The day will come for all of us. And you and I will say Black" me want hair like george clooney!

"No. I am not a good human being" where do i sign up to join the club?

cool post, very believable